Here’s your daily dose of must-reads to get you ahead of the curve:
- Tanzania civil servants locked up for being late, rights activists condemn action. (BBC)
- Comedy and jazz events this weekend in Kigali. (The New Times)
- Canada’s Miss World contestant has been been barred from entering China to take part in the beauty pageant because of her outspoken views on human rights in the country. (CNN)
- Scientists have managed to merge electronics and plant parts into an unusual transistor. (New York Times)
- Africa needs more focused and results-oriented leadership, Oscar Kimanuka writes. (The New Times)
- Paul Walker’s father sues Porsche, says car lacked safety features. (TIME)
Have something to say about these stories? Share it in the comments.