Here’s your daily dose of must-reads to get you ahead of the curve:
- New academic year for primary and secondary education begins today with roll out of new “competency-based” curriculum. (Umuseke)
- “Rwanda is where it is today because of the collective heroism of its people,” columnist Joseph Rwagatare writes. (The New Times)
- A woman who champions the rights of ISIS rape victims, Pope Francis and the Afghan women’s cycling team are among the known candidates for the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize as the nomination window was set to close. (TIME)
- Miss Colombe Akiwacu has been most active beauty pageant so far. (Inyarwanda)
- Google is now world’s most valuable public company, overtaking Apple. (TIME)
Have something to say about these stories? Share it in the comments.