Here’s your daily dose of must-reads to get you head of the curve:
- Rwandan MP, JMV Gatabazi, describes his rise to the high seats of the political arena. (The New Times)
- Heads of state and diplomats laud President Paul Kagame’s ‘visionary leadership’ as the president swears-in for a new term in office. (The New Times)
- Nigerian president Buhari returns to the country after more than three months of medical care in London. (The East African)
- Ivorian singer, Alpha Blondy, will not be performing at the KigaliUp music festival this evening as planned. (Inyarwanda)
- South Africa has granted Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe’s wife immunity despite allegations of an assault at a hotel in Johannesburg. (BBC)
Have something to say about these stories? Share it in the comments.